The threat of cyber-attacks will never disappear. Malicious people will always think of ways to exploit vulnerabilities.
Here are some basic ways to protect yourself.
- Never click on suspicious links from unknown source.
- Try not to use external storage such as flash drives, external SSD for work purposes as it may contain malware unless you are very certain that you purchase from a reputable source.
- It is best to have an anti-virus software.
- Never share your password.
- Change your password frequently. At least once a month.
- Never use the same password for different accounts.
- Don’t use common passwords such as qwerty123 and don’t include personal information such as birth dates, names etc.
- For a secure password, password length should be a minimum of 8 characters comprising of upper and lower case, numbers, and special characters.
- Do not store your passwords in plain text, have your password encrypted.